SOC 2 Academy: Recovering from a Security Incident
Description: Learn more at https://kirkpatrickprice.com/video/soc-2-academy-recovering-security-incident/
Recovering from a security incident can be a tedious task, but it’s an opportunity for organizations to learn from their mistakes and strengthen their security posture. For service organizations pursuing SOC 2 compliance, they’ll want to demonstrate that they do the following throughout their incident response recovery to comply with common criteria 7.5:
- The organization’s incident response plan restores the affected environment to a level of functionality that allows them to meet their business objectives.
- The organization effectively communicates about the security incident, what actions were taken to recover from it, and how it can be prevented in the future.
- The organization determines the root cause of the event.
- The organization implements changes to prevent and detect recurrences.
- The organization improves response and recovery procedures.
- The organization implements periodic incident response testing.
It’s important that organizations keep in mind that security incidents and disasters can’t be prevented. However, by creating, practicing, and implementing effective incident response programs, including the incident response recovery process, they’ll be more prepared for when disaster hits.
More Free Resources
White Papers: https://kirkpatrickprice.com/white-papers/
KirkpatrickPrice is a licensed CPA firm, PCI QSA, and a HITRUST CSF Assessor, registered with the PCAOB, providing assurance services to clients in more than 48 states, Canada, Asia, and Europe. The firm has over 13 years of experience in information security and compliance assurance by performing assessments, audits, and tests that strengthen information security and internal controls. KirkpatrickPrice most commonly provides advice on SOC 1, SOC 2, PCI DSS, HIPAA, HITRUST CSF, GDPR, ISO 27001, FISMA, and CFPB frameworks.
For more about KirkpatrickPrice: https://kirkpatrickprice.com/
Contact us today: 800-770-2701 https://kirkpatrickprice.com/contact/